Can I align stereotypes in column for component diagram?

0 votes
asked Nov 27, 2020 in Wanted features by udelledo (120 points)
recategorized Jan 19, 2021 by udelledo

Hello fellow users,

Is there any way to allow rendering the stereotypes of a component in column rather than as a single line?

Trying to leverage the integration between plantuml and archunit I have to create a diagram that contains package coordinates as stereotypes of a component.

In cases where I want to group several packages into a single component (for example because the two different packages cover implementation details of the same functional component) I end up with a component that become too wide and make the diagram too wide and difficult to read

Here's an example diagram http://www.plantuml.com/plantuml/png/TP0_QyCm44TtVOeZkmNzCnbZCdGDNRgP3eTqAIBMdP1EIKtfTs_jkXXAFR-ddnvtB8fPQnpDSAxiD0ZZ24vY4YPMy9I8FR6RNg7hd4IBBfAr2Tq5t-ZEshx_3zplWOSzyBW0BFENXiKJ74uJu8sAH88peTPCXmypP4fIWah-anIdLRARiMoQeL2-1aTx_efN-UdbUK_qAekqPAgOJxC-XQRfv_0M0b_bGa3lIfbnt0uOg6nsloMsS48EgOwe11uLpSQWgMaULcdXEyju5UWQBpTku7VhXno9VOtZ5m00

@startuml
[functional component dependency] <<com.acme..package1..>> <<com.acme..package2..>> <<com.acme..package3..>> <<com.acme..package4..>> as dep
node "My awesome feature"{
[repository] <<com.acme..myfeature.repository..>> 
[service] <<com.acme..myfeature.service..>> 
[DTO] <<com.acme..myfeature.dto..>>  as dto
}
service --> dep: invoke external dependencies
service ->repository: Manipulate data
repository -up-> dto: DTO
dto <-down- service : DTO
@enduml

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

[Antispam2 Feature: please please wait 1 or 2 minutes (this message will disappear) before pressing the button otherwise it will fail](--------)
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.