Increase the size of the box

0 votes
asked Jan 19, 2021 in Question / help by anonymous

Here is the image - PlantUML Web Server

We are using Doctool to generate plantuml diagrams. But i am not able to change the width of the box and because of which my text goes out of the box line.

How to make sure that the TEXT stays within the box limit

commented Jan 20, 2021 by albert (3,520 points)

On the plantuml server the image does look OK (it uses plantuml 1.2021.01beta3 and dot version 2.38). Which versions are you using? Just use the following plantuml file:

@startuml
Version
@enduml
commented Jan 20, 2021 by albert (3,520 points)
@plantuml in the generated image I see that the text part of point 1 starts after the "alt" and for the "else" the text part at the beginning directly on the left.

I think it would be nicer when the "else" text part would be aligned with the "alt" part either moving the "else" part to the right or placing the "alt" text part under the "alt. When using a "\n" in the text part the text is nicely aligned in itself. I think that the placing under the "alt" is less desirable as it will take extra space in the resulting diagram.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Jan 20, 2021 by anonymous
Actually, I did not get your point here. can you pls provide the complete code? U can copy from my example.

it will be a big help
commented Jan 20, 2021 by Martin (8,360 points)

I've not heard of Doctool, but I'm going to guess that your issue is that Plantuml is generating an image that is too wide for Doctool to display properly?

If that's the case, then do you know that you can put "\n" into your text to force a line feed?  And thereby reduce the width.

For example (click image for code):