java.lang.IllegalStateException at CommandCreateElementMultilines.java:142

0 votes
asked Jun 22, 2021 in Bug by stesin (120 points)
Error java.lang.IllegalStateException
java.lang.IllegalStateException
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.descdiagram.command.CommandCreateElementMultilines.executeNow(CommandCreateElementMultilines.java:142)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.descdiagram.command.CommandCreateElementMultilines.executeNow(CommandCreateElementMultilines.java:66)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.command.CommandMultilines2.execute(CommandMultilines2.java:111)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.command.ProtectedCommand.execute(ProtectedCommand.java:54)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.AbstractPSystem.executeCommand(AbstractPSystem.java:136)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.command.PSystemCommandFactory.executeFewLines(PSystemCommandFactory.java:128)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.command.PSystemCommandFactory.createSystem(PSystemCommandFactory.java:111)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.PSystemBuilder.createPSystem(PSystemBuilder.java:133)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.BlockUml.getDiagram(BlockUml.java:163)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.SourceFileReaderAbstract.getGeneratedImages(SourceFileReaderAbstract.java:149)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.DirWatcher2$1.call(DirWatcher2.java:94)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.DirWatcher2$1.call(DirWatcher2.java:90)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)
You should send a mail to plantuml@gmail.com or post to http://plantuml.com/qa with this log (V1.2021.7)
commented Jun 22, 2021 by The-Lu (63,920 points)

Hello S.,

• Could you post (for PlantUML team) the part of the input code that generates this error?

Regards,
Th.

commented Jun 26, 2021 by stesin (120 points)
Hi! Unfortunately I can't catch the exact byte of code which causes these exceptions. While coding a (fairly complex) deployment diagram, which uses also sprites from stdlib, occasionally I am making errors. Usually I get the informative error message like "syntax error", but sometimes I don't (just green text on the black background). I am correcting my errors, and finally I get my diagram done. But afterwards when I look into the console terminal window from which I launched my plantuml -gui -tpng command (without detaching it from the terminal), I see a few occurrences of

java.lang.IllegalStateException

at net.sourceforge.plantuml.descdiagram.command.CommandCreateElementMultilines.executeNow(CommandCreateElementMultilines.java:142)

Actually this is harmless, plantuml don't crash. So the exception is just handled in a correct, but uninformative way.

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

[Antispam2 Feature: please please wait 1 or 2 minutes (this message will disappear) before pressing the button otherwise it will fail](--------)
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.