Quality Attribute Tree

+3 votes
asked Feb 4, 2014 in Wanted features by kkaruppanan (220 points)
edited Jul 5, 2017 by kkaruppanan

Can we add support for text2mind map like feature in PlantUML?  Just like www.text2mindmap.com into plantuml to create mindmaps out of PlantUML using plant UML language syntax.  

I am requesting this feature to be able to build a Quality Attribute Tree or QTree or Utility tree out of PlantUML and therefore please assign highest priority as I believe this could be a very simple feature but having a great usage value.  So, please do prioritize this request with highest value.

Also, If one wants to contribute to enhance the features of PlantUML.  What should I do to support PlantUML development? How can I help PlantUML development via my skills in Software development?  Please share me the details regarding how can one contribute towards adding features to PlantUML?  What guidelines I should follow?   How to get started with development of features to plantuml?  How could I own a feature in PlantUML for (e.g) I might be interested in contributing to my feature requests that I have posted so far.

2 Answers

0 votes
answered Jun 14, 2016 by vitaly.v.ch (140 points)
I also will be very happy with this feature

Vitaly
+1 vote
answered Jun 17, 2016 by bond007 (400 points)

Perhaps, you mean "indented text syntax" instead of "PlantUML syntax", something like tree-widjet in PlantUML, but marked jaust with indents and rendered as a graph.

So, this should be a the neato, not the dot renderer - as it's a force graph, not a tree.

So, as far, as I can understand possible realisation, this could be something like this:

@startuml

mindmap

Root Item

Item 1

Item 1.1

Item 2

@enduml

commented Jul 4, 2017 by kkaruppanan (220 points)
edited Jul 5, 2017 by kkaruppanan
Great!  Yes, this would help to have mind maps out of PlantUML. The Syntax can be finalized by the PlantUML team, having feature might help us to generate mindmaps.  The main reason I had requested for this feature is to have the ability to generate the Quality Attribute Tree or QTree or Utility tree using PlantUML.  I hope this gives the necessary impetus to have this feature at the earliest.