Timing Diagram: Adding double arrows (<->) to analog signal type

0 votes
asked Jun 29, 2022 in Bug by anonymous
Hello,

I am attempting to add a double arrow (<->) to an analog signal to annotate an analog voltage rising from the output of a regulator. Here is the code I am using, and a text copy of the error message.

analog "Vcore" as VDD

binary "Vcore_EN" as VDD_EN

@VDD

0 is 0

1 is 0

3 is 5

@VDD_EN

1 is high

VDD@1 <-> @3: t_rise = 2ms

Error found in diagram test
Error java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.timingdiagram.PlayerAnalog.createConstraint(PlayerAnalog.java:159)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.timingdiagram.command.CommandConstraint.executeArg(CommandConstraint.java:102)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.timingdiagram.command.CommandConstraint.executeArg(CommandConstraint.java:50)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.command.SingleLineCommand2.execute(SingleLineCommand2.java:152)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.command.ProtectedCommand.execute(ProtectedCommand.java:54)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.AbstractPSystem.executeCommand(AbstractPSystem.java:157)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.command.PSystemCommandFactory.executeFewLines(PSystemCommandFactory.java:125)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.command.PSystemCommandFactory.createSystem(PSystemCommandFactory.java:108)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.PSystemBuilder.createPSystem(PSystemBuilder.java:136)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.BlockUml.getDiagram(BlockUml.java:181)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.SourceStringReader.outputImage(SourceStringReader.java:168)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.Pipe.generateDiagram(Pipe.java:100)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.Pipe.managePipe(Pipe.java:92)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.Run.managePipe(Run.java:353)
at net.sourceforge.plantuml.Run.main(Run.java:180)
You should send a mail to plantuml@gmail.com or post to http://plantuml.com/qa with this log (V1.2022.5)
ERROR
You should send a mail to plantuml@gmail.com or post to http://plantuml.com/qa with this log (V1.2022.5) java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
Some diagram description contains errors
commented Jun 29, 2022 by The-Lu (63,920 points)

Hello A.,

Here is a funny temporary workaround, with:

@startuml
analog "Vcore" as VDD

@VDD
0 is 0
1 is 0
3 is 5

@VDD_EN
1 is high

VDD@1 -> VDD_EN@3: t_rise = 2ms
@enduml

Or:

@startuml
analog "Vcore" as VDD

@VDD
0 is 0
1 is 0
3 is 5

@VDD_EN
1 is high

VDD@1 -> VDD@3: t_rise = 2ms
@enduml

Regards.

commented Jun 29, 2022 by jk
Hi there, thanks for sharing the workaround and the quick response :). Personally, for the diagrams I am making I think I like option 2 better. However, it would still be nice to have an option for a <-> on these signals for some usecases in my diagrams.

Is this a planned fix?

Thanks!
commented Jun 29, 2022 by plantuml (294,960 points)

Thanks for the report!

This is fixed on the online server and with last snapshot.

Tell us if you find other issues!

commented Jun 29, 2022 by jk
Amazing! Thanks for the quick fix!

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Jun 29, 2022 by anonymous
Answered by PlantUML above