Can the hotspot areas of tooltips be controlled?

0 votes
asked Nov 9, 2016 in Wanted features by poi (1,200 points)
edited Nov 9, 2016 by poi
The link and tooltip features of are great. However, I have a question regarding the hotspot areas (the areas over which the cursor triggers display of the tooltip).

These two scripts produce the same result regarding the tooltips, when the svg-files are displayed in the internal web-browser of Matlab. The areas to the right of the strings "Property1" and "Methods2" triggers the display of the tooltip-string of  "MyTestClass".

It would have been better intuitively if the areas to the right of the strings "Property1" and "Methods2" had triggered the tooltips of the two strings, respectively. Would that be possible?

I see the same behavior at http://www.planttext.com/planttext.

@startuml
class MyTestClass [[{Tooltip of class, MyTestClass}]] {
  + Property1  [[{Tooltip of property, Property1}]]
  + Methods2() [[{Tooltip of method, Methods2}]]
}
@enduml

@startuml
class MyTestClass {
    [[{Tooltip of class, MyTestClass}]]
  + Property1  [[{Tooltip of property, Property1}]]
  + Methods2() [[{Tooltip of method, Methods2}]]
}
@enduml

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Nov 9, 2016 by plantuml (295,000 points)
Just to be sure: you're just talking about the areas to the right of strings "Property1" and "Methods2 ?
The strings "Property1" and "Methods2" are correctly displaying the toolips. Correct ?
commented Nov 10, 2016 by anonymous
That's correct.

The hotspots of properties and methods seems to be the minimal rectangle enclosing the texts of the properties and methods, respectively. When the cursor hovers over these hotspots the tooltips are displayed correctly.

The hotspot of the class name seems to be the entire class box excepts the hotspots of the properties and methods.

I would prefer

1. the hotspot of the class name to be limited to the upper "compartment" of the class box.

2. the hotspots of the properties and methods to extend from the left to the right border of the class box. A pixel or two might separate the hotspots vertically.