++ syntax for activation breaks TEOZ

0 votes
asked May 15, 2017 in Bug by anonymous
I'm trying to recreate a diagram that contains simultaneous activation. However, it doesn't seem to be possible.

Here are the graphs, the one that I want to mimic and the one that shows how close I can get: http://imgur.com/a/RoiBa.

This is the code for the graph on imgur:
```
Receiver -> Ledger3 ++ : execute t3
deactivate Receiver
Ledger3 -> Receiver : t3 executed
& Ledger3 -> Connector2 : t3 executed
activate Connector2
activate Receiver
deactivate Ledger3
```

You can see that there is a gap between the arrow to the right and the activation block.

Ideally, it should be possible to do this:
```
Ledger3 -> Receiver ++ : t3 executed
& Ledger3 -> Connector2 ++ : t3 executed
```

But that breaks the simultaneousnous, like you can see in the third image in imgur.

Otherwise, this would also be possible (even though the above syntax should be preferred):
```
Ledger3 -> Receiver : t3 executed
& Ledger3 -> Connector2 : t3 executed
activate Connector2
& activate Receiver
```

1 Answer

0 votes
answered May 15, 2017 by plantuml (295,000 points)
Ok, thanks for the feedback.

The Teoz layout engine is almost completely finished. Right now, our goal is to be able to reproduce all behaviours of the actual "Puma" layout engine. This is almost ok, but we are still sometimes find minor issues.

At some point in the future (incoming weeks or months) we will switch the default engine to Teoz. At that time, we will be able to better handle simultaneous activation/message. We will also be able to solve issues about gap between arrows and activation block.

Unfortunately, you have to be patient, because we really want to do this step by step.

Sorry about that!