Problem with txt / utxt (ASCII-art) output for standard commands, also html, xmi and -tscxml

0 votes
asked Jun 14, 2018 in Bug by albert (3,520 points)
edited Jun 15, 2018 by albert

I have a file with the following content:

@startuml
version
@enduml

and when I give the following command:

java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar "D:/Programs/plantuml\plantuml.jar" -ttxt aa.pu

the result is a Java crash:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: ATXT
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.ugraphic.ImageBuilder.createUGraphic(ImageBuilder.java:390)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.ugraphic.ImageBuilder.writeImageInternal(ImageBuilder.java:236)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.ugraphic.ImageBuilder.writeImageTOBEMOVED(ImageBuilder.java:177)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.version.PSystemVersion.exportDiagramNow(PSystemVersion.java:161)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.AbstractPSystem.exportDiagram(AbstractPSystem.java:135)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.PSystemUtils.exportDiagramsDefault(PSystemUtils.java:157)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.PSystemUtils.exportDiagrams(PSystemUtils.java:100)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.SourceFileReaderAbstract.getGeneratedImages(SourceFileReaderAbstract.java:153)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.Run.manageFileInternal(Run.java:450)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.Run.processArgs(Run.java:361)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.Run.manageAllFiles(Run.java:331)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.Run.main(Run.java:179)

This also happens with the utxt output.

This also happens with the following standard commands:

author
checkversion
licence
license
stdlib
testdot

This happens with the latest current beta version 1.2018.08beta9 I have.

commented Jun 15, 2018 by albert (3,520 points)
edited Jun 15, 2018 by albert
Same problem with -thtml, -txmi and -tscxml

Note in this case also the example:
@startuml
Bob -> Alice: hello
@enduml

gives this problem.

Probably also -tpdf (same error message, and with the "Bob/Alice" example another message appears as I have not loaded yet the right libraries for pdf; downloaded required libraries "Bob/Alice "example works, rest not as indicated).
commented Jun 27, 2018 by albert (3,520 points)
Any progress regarding this issue ( see also the, probable, duplicate: http://forum.plantuml.net/7829/java-lang-unsupportedoperationexception-utxt)

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

[Antispam2 Feature: please please wait 1 or 2 minutes (this message will disappear) before pressing the button otherwise it will fail](--------)
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.