Hello PlantUML team,
[As is it a transparent day ;) or a sunny day ]
According to your remark on /11214:
- Opacity is ignored (right now) in PNG export. Not sure if this will be ever added in the future
- Shadows will probably never work with opacity settings. Right now, you have to manually disable shadowing
- We litterally did no test at all, so your feedback is welcome :-)
And as you mentioned on a comment on /11380:
We tested opacity management...
Opacity is ignored (right now) in PNG export.
In fact no. And it's almost good… for both SVG and PNG //[But with some special PlantUML polarized glasses ]//
Here are some examples, with same source code but different output color!, on version 1.2020.10, from our last comment on /11214:
► In fact SVG is RGBA and PNG, the other, is ARGB!
- Could you correct that, (to have the same output), in order to support full opacity (and alpha compositing) for both SVG and PNG?
- And also make a choice (on the skinparam parameter) for PlantUML to be RGBa or aRGB?
My preference will be RGBa (as the same as W3C and SVG).
Thanks for your work,