nwdiag beautifier

0 votes
asked Jul 17, 2020 in Wanted features by anonymous
Hello everybody,

is it, or will it be possible to replace the shapes of nodes in an nwdiag-diagramm with sprites?

There are all ready all sprites in the standard library included i would need to draw some of my network diagrams i need for my documentations. I am searching for a possibility to write my complete documentation in code. The nwdiag-type is about 60 % what i need, if i could beautify it with our standard shapes, it would be at 95%. Which is more than good enough. :-)

Have a nice day

a stranger

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Jul 17, 2020 by plantuml (294,960 points)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Not sure that this is 100% what you are looking for, but with last beta http://beta.plantuml.net/plantuml.jar, you can have :

@startuml
!include <cloudinsight/tomcat.puml>
nwdiag {
      network {
        A [address = 192.168.0.1, description = "web server01 <$tomcat*0.5>"];
        B [address = 192.168.0.2, description = "web server02"];
      }
}
@enduml

commented Aug 5, 2020 by anonymous

Hi,

very nice indeed. This is by far the easiest solution to draw a diagram, i found for now!

Also it would be nice, if it would be possible to drop the boxes around the sprites. For now, it is okay to just paint them in white. ;-)

commented Aug 27, 2020 by The-Lu (63,920 points)

Hello A.,

As:

Also it would be nice, if it would be possible to drop the boxes around the sprites. For now, it is okay to just paint them in white. ;-)

A possible workarround is to use label shape:

web01 [address = "210.x.x.1, 210.x.x.20",  description = "<$application_server>\n web01", shape = label]
      web02 [address = "210.x.x.2",  description = "<$application_server>\n web02", shape = label];

[Code on PlantUML server]

[See also, label definition and creation on /10619]

If that can help.
Regards,
Th.