Add skin params to vertically align the text for a timing diagram hylight

0 votes
asked Aug 4, 2020 in Wanted features by nwaters (180 points)
edited Aug 5, 2020 by nwaters

I've run in to the situation where my highlight's text overlaps with the label for the signal. It seems like there should be some skinparam options to move this text to the bottom of the diagram. Another nice option would be the ability to center or right align the text for individual labels.

EDIT:

I am using PlantUML version 1.2020.15.

This is an example of the problem. This is a robust signal which has a label "Encoded Data". I want to highlight the first section of the signal and the highlight's text is "Sync Pattern". You can see that the texts overlap.

I have several workarounds: I can move the text to the right by inserting something like <U+0020>, I can drop it down a few lines using \n, or I can start the plot at some negative value to drag the signal's label to the left.

It would be nice to be able to control the placement of the highlight's text, such as place it at the bottom of the plot, center it horizontally, or right justify it horizontally.

commented Aug 5, 2020 by albert (3,520 points)
Please add an example that shows your problem and also the plantuml version you used.
commented Oct 5, 2021 by The-Lu (64,340 points)

Hello all,

Here is an example:

@startuml
robust "Encoded Data" as R
@0
R is 0
@1
R is 1
@2
R is 0
highlight 0 to 2 #Palegreen;line:DimGrey : Sync Pattern
@enduml

A possible workaround is to add newline:

@startuml
robust "Encoded Data" as R
@0
R is 0
@1
R is 1
@2
R is 0
highlight 0 to 2 #Palegreen;line:DimGrey : \nSync Pattern
@enduml

Regards,
Th.

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

[Antispam2 Feature: please please wait 1 or 2 minutes (this message will disappear) before pressing the button otherwise it will fail](--------)
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.