ArrayIndexOutOfBounds with 7983

0 votes
asked Nov 1, 2013 in Bug by scooper (440 points)

I have a diagram which works with older versions of PlantUML, but with newer versions, it gives an ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception.

I haven't narrowed down exactly what causes it, I can send you the diagram. The maximum length for this text box is 8000 characters. Unfortuantely the diagram exceeds that.

Here is the stack trace:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 6, Size: 5
        at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
        at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.cucadiagram.Magma.getBottomLeft(Magma.java:88)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.cucadiagram.Magma.linkToDown(Magma.java:102)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.cucadiagram.MagmaList$1.topDown(MagmaList.java:64)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.cucadiagram.MagmaList$1.topDown(MagmaList.java:62)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.cucadiagram.SquareMaker.putInSquare(SquareMaker.java:48)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.cucadiagram.MagmaList.putInSquare(MagmaList.java:71)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.cucadiagram.CucaDiagram.applySingleStrategy(CucaDiagram.java:548)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.descdiagram.DescriptionDiagramFactory1317.checkFinalError(DescriptionDiagramFactory1317.java:118)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.command.UmlDiagramFactory1317.createSystem(UmlDiagramFactory1317.java:83)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.PSystemBuilder1317.createPSystem(PSystemBuilder1317.java:92)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.BlockUml.createSystem(BlockUml.java:97)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.BlockUml.getSystem(BlockUml.java:87)
        at net.sourceforge.plantuml.BlockUml.getDiagram(BlockUml.java:93)
        at de.griffel.confluence.plugins.plantuml.PlantUmlMacro$MySourceStringReader.<init>(PlantUmlMacro.java:433)
        at de.griffel.confluence.plugins.plantuml.PlantUmlMacro.render(PlantUmlMacro.java:210)

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Nov 2, 2013 by plantuml (295,000 points)
selected Mar 11, 2014 by scooper

Best answer

Thanks for the report.

You can download a beta version very that fix that : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13064071/plantuml.jar

The issue was in the implementation of the grid layout.

Regards,

commented Nov 5, 2013 by scooper (440 points)
Unfortunately, now I get a different exception - EmptySVGException