Why does plantuml in container fail silently

0 votes
asked Nov 30, 2021 in Question / help by Damon
I'm trying to setup a docker container to run the planuml jar file so that I don't have to install any of the requirements on my Mac book (it's a corporate machine and I am not allowed to use brew or similar sources of app).  I have a very simple Dockerfile...

FROM ubuntu:22.04

RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y openjdk-11-jdk

ADD bin /opt/plantuml

RUN chmod +x /opt/plantuml

WORKDIR /root/work

VOLUME /root/work

CMD /opt/plantuml/run.sh

This is working using Quartz to ship the X output from the docker VM to Mac and all works perfectly, except that when I turn my back for a minute and come back to the screen the plantuml app has stopped.  I cannot find anything to indicate what the cause of the error is, and haven't seen any info on how to configure logging for it.  I do know that plantuml is returning a return value of 1 rather than 0.

At first I thought it was the version of graphviz that apt is installing which with the latest version of Ubuntu is 2.43.  But I have also used the smetana option with the same results.

Is there a way that I can get some (verbose) logging from plantuml so that I can start to diagnose what is wrong with this setup?

Thanks

Damon

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

[Antispam2 Feature: please please wait 1 or 2 minutes (this message will disappear) before pressing the button otherwise it will fail](--------)
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.