error when using indented elements as ports

0 votes
asked May 29, 2022 in Bug by costateixeira (500 points)
I'm trying to get any way to do intended elements in a class diagram. I get an error

class net.sourceforge.plantuml.creole.SheetBlock2 cannot be cast to class net.sourceforge.plantuml.svek.WithPorts (net.sourceforge.plantuml.creole.SheetBlock2 and net.sourceforge.plantuml.svek.WithPorts are in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader @2d8ad8ab)

Can I name my ports when the elements are indented?

http://www.plantuml.com/plantuml/uml/lL2n2i8m4DtlAsvh3KImTUeWnQ6Rc-0emHOKqrv98WxgltjUjQtYucA6kqjUxht7otqmBfng2m0xQxp7mfgm8NVqU06b2YACLrHMTg8Kj8vQAOdKjAlJcVGvPZ7SnZHBuuI4-qyaMZzuUYDP9ZzGExruyNPlm2V2zVxWiQJADr70Cs_q7eY-w5-tABlS6Q9w124-mMGOKnw72zlaySFf46Adotf_qIs8-cmuchTOygefsT4T

1 Answer

+1 vote
answered May 31, 2022 by plantuml (294,960 points)
selected May 31, 2022 by costateixeira

Best answer
We have removed the crash in last online version.

However, you still cannot use ports with indented elements... Is this really mandatory :-) ?
commented May 31, 2022 by costateixeira (500 points)
Thank you for addressing the crash. The other thing -using ports with indented elements - would then be a new feature.

I'm increasingly using and documenting how to use plantuml for several types of diagrams, but not for mapping - so I have to draw custom diagrams, embedding PNG, managing those diagrams. I tried it on "flat" objects but that doesn't provide the right info. So, back to embedding pngs.
 it's a mess and when plantuml supports it, it will be such a relief... So in theory it's not mandatory. In practice, it is (unless I consider embedding PNG diagrams as normal again... yuck! :)