I use primarily Component Diagrams and I generally bold all my text to make it contrast better with shape background colors. I have tried to use "skinparam defaultFontStyle bold" but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the diagram. If I use the individual xxxFontStyle directives, it will work. The other defaultFontXXX directives also seem to work fine (Name, Size, and Color).
For the record, bold nor italic will work. I use the excellent planttext.com which seems to keep up-to-date with PlantUML versions (I believe it is back-ended by the server provided by PlantUML themselves). I have tried for several months and across PlantUML versions to no avail.
Just curious if this is broken or if there is something else I need to do to get it to work.