diagram width ? (object placement in the image)

+2 votes
asked Mar 23, 2015 in To be sorted by cgoguyer (400 points)
Is it possible to set a number a package to display in a line ?

In my diagram, i've define around 20 packages and plantuml display them side by side horizontally.

So my picture is very large and I need to use horizontal scroolbar to see it

I'd like to set a number of package per line (5  for  example) and then draw the others line by line vertically (like a 5 * 5 matrix) ..

or to set the width of the image (with no scaling) so that my packages are displayed horizonatty until the width of the area and then vertically (the number a package per row depending the width of the area)...

Thank you for your help.
commented Mar 26, 2015 by cgoguyer (400 points)
I've seen some threads about nodes placement into a grid. But all have been written in 2013 and there is no solution in these threads.

It seems that plantuml should do it by itself when there is no link between object. I've tried many time with no success. My package ans classes are always displayed from left to right !

Is there some evolution about this ?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Apr 29, 2016 by oddtree (140 points)
A hack: you end up with a pixel or so missing from the diagram, but you can make your connecting lines "invisible" by setting them to the background color and turning off shadowing.  I'm not sure if you can do this on a per line basis if you want some connections to actually be visible in your diagram.

skinparam componentArrowColor #white

skinparam shadowing false

package "A" {

[A1] -- [A3]

[A2] -- [A4]

}