Is there a parser available to parse a model written in plantUML language?

0 votes
asked Dec 13, 2016 in Wanted features by anonymous
I need to parse a model (e.g., sequence and activity models) written in plantUML format, in order to get information about model elements, which can be used for different purposes such as validate model completeness, modify model elements, ...etc. For example, I think (I could be wrong so please correct me) that the plantUML tool supports a parser to parse a model written in plantUML language and draw an image (e.g., sequence or activity diagram) based on the parsed information. Such a parser is what I need for my work. Is such a parser exists and/or available for users? I am not interested in converting a plantUML format to xmi then parse the xmi, I am interested in parsing the plantUML format itself. Please let me know if such a parser is available (or feasible to implement)?

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Oct 25, 2019 by Ente (180 points)

Sorry for digging up old posts, but there are quite a few parsers available:

Like this one or that one.

But they are all either not very feature richt or abandoned. Please correct me if I am wrong.

That's why I started the plantuml parser project.

The aim of this project is to provide a feature-complete, well tested, and maintainable Parsing Expression Grammar (PEG) for the PlantUML syntax. The parser is designed to be used as JavaScript library or from the Command Line.

I hope this helps.