Coarse grained (weeks, months) Gantt diagrams

+10 votes
asked Mar 7, 2017 in Wanted features by jhannes (160 points)
When working with longer plans, the Gantt diagrams don't work so well. I tried 3 months, 12 weeks or 90 days. The first two are rejected and the last creates a timeline with 90 steps, which isn't super-useful.

It would be nice to be able to enter weeks instead of days on the timeline. It would also be useful to have some way of specifying the scale of the timeline.
commented Mar 31, 2017 by Bryan (340 points)
I think weeks and months as additional units would turn this particular type of diagram from being a nice toy into a really useful management tool! It might be the sort of thing that could be done incrementally by not allowing "mixed units" in one diagram ... so there would only be three types of calendar backgrounds (days, weeks, months) depending on the selected units.
commented Jul 20, 2018 by Bryan (340 points)
I see there are now several different variants of this question, so if they were disaggregated,  think the number of votes would be much higher ...

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

[Antispam2 Feature: please please wait 1 or 2 minutes (this message will disappear) before pressing the button otherwise it will fail](--------)
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.