Exceptions using color gradient in sequence diagram with Doxygen and SVG format

0 votes
asked Oct 6, 2017 in Bug by dgatien (120 points)
Hello,

I have an exception (ClassCastException) when using gradient in my skinparam definition and only in the sequence diagrams (net.sourceforge.plantuml.graphic.HtmlColorGradient cannot be cast to net.sourceforge.plantuml.graphic.HtmlColorSimple).

If the format is PNG, this is working fine (but I need SVG to have hyperlinks in the generated diagrams).

I was with version 1.2017.16, and tried also the 1.2017.18beta22 (from a previous similar Q&A), with the same behaviour.

Thanks and regards.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Oct 6, 2017 by plantuml (295,000 points)
Ok, thanks for the report.

Could you post here a simple example that crashes ? It would help us.

Thanks!
commented Oct 7, 2017 by anonymous
edited Oct 7, 2017
Edit: Sorry, it looks like it's not the same thing, and «You can also use color gradient in background» would mean that it's not doable. Do you think it'll be implemented (the border gradient)?

Got the same problem. It seams like it crashes when a *BorderColor is set to a gradient:

∘ This works:

@startuml

class Foo

skinparam classBackgroundColor    #FFBD42-white
@enduml

∘ This doesn't:

@startuml

class Foo

skinparam classBorderColor    #FFBD42-white
@enduml

Only difference: the gradient is applied on the classes' background (works) or on its border (crashes).

It might sound strange, but I'd really love to have that functionality ☺

Thank you!

Have a good day!
commented Oct 8, 2017 by plantuml (295,000 points)
Ok, thanks for the suggestion.
With last beta https://www.dropbox.com/s/koo42q3d9gxw288/plantuml.jar?dl=0
your examples are working.
However, few tests have been done, so do not hesitate to post when you'll find issues!
Regards,
commented Oct 9, 2017 by dgatien (120 points)
I identified the lines that makes it crash or not.
This is related to the following skinparam configurations for sequence diagrams:
'DividerBackgroundColor #white-lightgrey
'LifeLineBackgroundColor #white-lightgrey

Uncommented -> crash
Commented -> works fine

I did not try yet the last beta, since I cannot access dropbox from my company network (restricted access due to security reasons...)