Table cell merging/fusing

0 votes
asked Oct 4 in Question / help by Mihai

Hi everybody,

I am trying to generate a table with fused/merged cells like here [1].

For that, I am using the following plantuml syntax, also rendered here [2].

I cannot seem to get the cells to fuse in [2] to look more like [1].

Anybody know of a better way to do this?

Many thanks in advance,

Mihai

Syntax

@startuml
title

| 7 | Application Layer  |= Length |= To |= From |= Segment |= Port |= Public Key |= Metadata |= Encrypted Raw Data |= CRC |
  | 6 | Presentation Layer |= Length |= To |= From |= Segment |= Port |= Public Key |           |= Encrypted Raw Data |= CRC |
  | 5 | Session Layer      |= Length |= To |= From |= Segment |= Port |= Public Key |           |=           Raw Data |= CRC |
  | 4 | Transport Layer    |= Length |= To |= From |= Segment |= Port |             |           |=           Raw Data |= CRC |
  | 3 | Network Layer      |= Length |= To |= From |          |       |             |           |=           Raw Data |= CRC |
  | 2 | Datalink Layer     |= Length |     |       |          |       |             |           |=           Raw Data |= CRC |
  | 1 | Physical Layer     |= Length |     |       |          |       |             |           |=           Raw Data |      |
end title
@enduml

[1]:

https://media.githubusercontent.com/media/mihaigalos/osi_stack/master/graphics/iso_osi_layers.png

[2]:
http://www.plantuml.com/plantuml/uml/lTFFIiD040RmUvvYNi7_9w5IzMALqFO5ncHe5pUxONP2MUZ3EsCBgzH3fC61B_jb5_9B3fabGPQXyvKuyLHL07kuqppqlNSDYei15fY9zU0U5XGsihMsZdPzvjZPkg9DHq6irf4Fw_2k3u0NodRtIe8j2bf_2WtdNgY59UxWyRWxNyvX_yNVQcgcH46--MVmK6O4VwDPKKf5jfcCB_CxVwrPCuRKHvRo0kFv0jhybR_Il97i8d-C-lfJw2p-KcExteNY_-1FhGdv2qszpSarwF-9FnvM55eu_8CphKFdFm40

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Oct 4 by Martin
edited Oct 5

PlantUML standard tables seem to be very basic and not support cell merging.  The tables in SALT do support cell merging (you place a * in the cells to the right), however they don't support centred text, so the result isn't great.

The best option I can come up with is to embed a graphviz html node into your title: