Builtin functions issue

0 votes
asked Aug 27, 2021 in Question / help by Scara

Good day, Im running PlantUML on Tomcat9 server on the localhost and the problem is that such builtin functions as %dirpath(), %getenv("OS"), %filename() dont work properly. 

Something like

@startuml
!$a  = %dirpath()
Alice -> Bob : $a
@enduml

doesnt give me any information about the dirpath. Same with the other functions mentioned above.

Is the problem about the usage of PlantUML on the server? Are these functions only available from the command line? If yes, then is there any way to use them on the server? Thanks in advance!

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Aug 27, 2021 by The-Lu (63,920 points)

Best answer

Hello S.,

Yes your are right, for that you must to change the `PLANTUML_SECURITY_PROFILE`.

See doc. here :

If that can help,
Regards,
Th.
commented Aug 27, 2021 by Scara

Thanks for the help, I have already tried to change the security mode, but using set PLANTUML_SECURITY_PROFILE=UNSECURE and then restarting the Tomcat9 server changes nothing. I also wanted to try to change it using the .jar, but Im not sure where it is located (in /var/lib/tomcat9/webapps I have a directory plantuml, which doesnt contain any .jar files, and a plantuml.war file). I downloaded PlantUML from https://github.com/plantuml/plantuml-server, assembled it, using maven (`mvn package`), and then moved plantuml.war to the /var/lib/tomcat9/webapps

Thanks in advance!

commented Aug 29, 2021 by The-Lu (63,920 points)

Hello S.,

I am no so expert on `war` application.
I don't know where you can put the parameter?

Is another people more accurate about PlantUML server and war application to help you?
Perhaps you can post your question on:

Regards,
Th.