How do you specify the search path for the "include" feature in eclipse plugin?

0 votes
asked Jan 10, 2013 in Closed question / help by anonymous
When I use "!include" in eclipse, PlantUML failed with "cannot include D:\eclipse-cpp-galileo-win32\eclipse\classes.iuml".  If I manually place classes.iuml there it works.  So the first question is: how do I get PlantUML to look for the included file at the same directory where the including file is.  Or better yet, is it possible for PlantUML to look using the project's defined include path?

Another related question: when a file with class definition is included, all the classes are shown.  It would be nice if the classes in the include file are not rendered.

Thanks.

-David

2 Answers

0 votes
answered Jan 10, 2013 by anonymous
I guess I figured out what to do with the 2nd question.  Given the way it is implemented now, it will probably be best to have each class be defined in its own file.  Then, in the including file, just includethe classes that are used in that diagram.
0 votes
answered Jan 15, 2013 by plantuml (294,960 points)

About !include, here what we could improve:

• Allow PlantUML to search for files from directory declared in the classpath (and not only in the current directory)
  • Create a plantuml.include.path Java property that could also be used to declare directories for searching files.

I don't know how to retrieve project's defined include path in Eclipse...

About your second question, what about allowing a hide unlinked command to will hide classes that are not linked to other classes in a diagram. I think it will be usefull for your purpose.

commented Jan 17, 2013 by plantuml (294,960 points)
!included file search in classpath and in plantuml.include.path java Property has been implemented in Version 7950 : hope it helps...
commented Jan 21, 2013 by anonymous
Yes, both suggested features (use search path for !include and adding a "hide" command) would be great