Connector in Activity diagram

+1 vote
asked Sep 5, 2014 in Wanted features by efficks (140 points)

I want to be able to use connector in activity diagram.

This feature is similar with the goto feature but without any line to draw between label and goto. Only a small circle with a string.

Something like that.

or this one

commented Dec 14, 2017 by Bobdirt
I'm curious as to why this has not been addressed.  Seems like a fairly simple implementation (given that it operates similar to the start and stop symbols).  It would solve many peoples problems (including mine) that need some form of "goto."  It may not be a part of the UML Activity Diagram symbol set, but purists could simply avoid its usage.
Thanks,
-Bobdirt
commented Dec 15, 2017 by plantuml (294,960 points)
Well, it has just been forgotten... Sorry about that : we have too many requests!

Anyway, with last beta http://beta.plantuml.net/plantuml.jar you can have:

@startuml
start
:foo1;
(A)
detach
(A)
:foo3;
@enduml

Using "detach" keyword, you should be able to do "goto" like.
It have not been widely tested, so do not hesitate to post feedback/remarks.

Thanks!
commented Dec 15, 2017 by Bobdirt (100 points)
You have too many requests because the tool is so damn awesome.  I forgot to say that in my comment above, but it is.  There are as many ways to document design as there are ways to code it.  So, it is not surprising that the number of requests would be overwhelming.

Either way, my sincere thanks for the reply and the feature.  At some point it would be nice if this were included on the documentation page.  (Yes that is yet another request ;-))

I'll let you know if I run into any issues, but for now it will suffice for my purposes.

Many thanks,

-Bobdirt

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

[Antispam2 Feature: please please wait 1 or 2 minutes (this message will disappear) before pressing the button otherwise it will fail](--------)
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.