It is still would be useful to style partitions in activity-beta diagrams with skinparam

0 votes
asked Jul 12, 2015 in To be sorted by bond007 (400 points)
In order not to create a duplicated question
commented May 23, 2016 by anonymous
When you set
skinparam defaultFontName <fontname> ...
everything seems to change except for the font of the label for the partition. I've tried specifying the partition font using the new syntax described here and it works fine except for the FontName parameter. it is as if the label's font is hard-coded.
p.s. I love the application.
commented May 23, 2016 by plantuml (294,960 points)
Normally, "skinparam partitionFontName" should work.
For example http://plantuml.com/plantuml/uml/AyxEp2j8B4hCLG2I9PabcVbvRlbv9Nw9kQaAeI7v1Pc9NCKbG1akkBI2OpAOgkPIKB1AoyytjEQg1Qh9Bm00

Which version of PlantUML are you using ?
commented May 23, 2016 by anonymous
8033. I've tried the 'skinparam partitionFontName' in your PlantUML server and it seems to work, though I can't, of course, try it with my local fonts. I've tried the same with 8041, but that is, again a hosted version. I upgraded my local version to the latest version and  it worked fine. Thanks for the help. It looks as the bug was fixed between 8033 and now!

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Jul 12, 2015 by plantuml (294,960 points)
edited Jul 12, 2015 by plantuml

Hello,

Today, you can have:

skinparam backgroundColor whiteSmoke
start
partition #lightblue Action {
  :foo1;
}
stop

Are you expecting something like this ?

skinparam backgroundColor whiteSmoke
skinparam backgroundPartitionColor lightblue
start
partition Action {
}
stop

Thanks to provide us a text diagram of what you are thinking about, even if your example does not work with the current version of PlantUML. Thanks!

commented Jul 13, 2015 by bond007 (400 points)
Than you very much! It works.

For consistency it would be perfect to have all relevant parameters of elements styleable without a separate table of styleable parameters in the PlantUML specification.
For example: If a "package" element is styleable, so a "partition" element is implicitly styleable the same way.
commented Jul 13, 2015 by bond007 (400 points)
And it would be great to change font of a partition too
commented Dec 7, 2015 by DaRolla (360 points)
I'd like to change the border thickness, the border color the font color and the font size of this nice partition element. Best regards, DaRolla
commented Dec 8, 2015 by plantuml (294,960 points)
Ok.
With last beta https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13064071/plantuml.jar
You can have :
@startuml
skinparam partition {
    BackgroundColor lightblue
    BorderColor green
    BorderThickness 4
    FontSize 20
    FontColor yellow
}
start
partition Action {
}
stop
@enduml
Is this what you are expecting ?
commented Jul 26, 2018 by fuhrmanator
Would it be possible to also use the same shapes as, say, package (e.g., rectangles, etc.)