Lines without arrows

0 votes
asked Apr 23, 2020 in Question / help by Astonfe
In an Activity Diagram, is it possible to connect activities using lines only, without arrows?
commented Apr 23, 2020 by Serge Wenger Work (15,620 points)
Hello,

Could you give an example to explain your need for? Without an arrow, it's no longer an activity diagram.
commented Apr 23, 2020 by Astonfe
Hello,

I need an option (skinparam) to set the arrows as none or as transparent. The direction is determined by the diagram orientation, left-right or top-down.

2 Answers

0 votes
answered Apr 24, 2020 by albert (3,520 points)

Plantuml can output the names of all skin parameters by means of the `-language` option, so:

java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar plantuml.jar -language

this give a.o. the list of skinparameters, A bit of a search gives here the following possibilities for arrow colors:

ArrowColor
ArrowFontColor
ArrowLollipopColor
ColorArrowSeparationSpace

I'm not sure which one you will need and whether the right one is present (but we cannot test it either as, till now, you didn't provide an example).

commented Apr 24, 2020 by Astonfe
edited Apr 24, 2020
In other words I would like to connect two activities with a line only, with no arrow. In the first example above, the arrow is present, but I would like to connect "Qwerty" and "Asdfgh" with a line only, as shown in the second example.
commented Apr 24, 2020 by albert (3,520 points)
Still don't see the images...
The two above links are not working?
commented Apr 24, 2020 by albert (3,520 points)
I don't know about the links to the google drive (didn't try them). External links might not be persistent.
0 votes
answered Apr 24, 2020 by plantuml (294,960 points)

Your starting example is : http://www.plantuml.com/plantuml/uml/imeiJoqggRJcid8iJabBpx060000

@startuml
:Qwerty;
:Asdfgh;
@enduml

Maybe the more difficult task is to find a right syntax.

Either we propose a new skinparam to change only the color's head arrow. Something like :

@startuml
skinparam ArrowHeadColor none
@enduml

Or we extends the existing :

@startuml
-[#green,dashed]->
@enduml

to :

@startuml
-[nohead]->
@enduml

Any thought ?

Thanks for your answer. It's ok. I think that the solution via skinparam is better.
commented Apr 27, 2020 by Astonfe
If I'm not wrong, using version 1.2020.8, I can't set "ArrowHeadColor none" or "ArrowHeadColor transparent". I can only change the color but not set it to "none".
commented Apr 27, 2020 by plantuml (294,960 points)
You're right...

There is a new beta http://beta.plantuml.net/plantuml.jar that fixes this one.

You can now have :

http://www.plantuml.com/plantuml/uml/SoWkIImgAStDuIhEpimhI2nAp5LmB2hAB_T8JKnnpi_9BrB8oyzBvR8AB4yjAgbKACyl0gfBj-QoSYnEIKlFiEPoICrB0Ue70000

Tell us if it is what you are looking for !
Thanks for your answer. Not exactly. Using the beta, the arrows are completely removed and now the connecting lines are very short. If possible, I would like suggest a skinparam option that works more or less as in graphviz, in which I can remove the heads without shorten the connecting lines.
Beautiful! It works great. Thanks.