How to influence layout display order in GANTT on multiple dependencies

0 votes
asked Nov 5, 2020 in Question / help by anonymous
I have a large SW project and want to make a gantt sheet on different teams, parts, and the order of testing.
Seemingly the only way to structure and display teams/responsibilities is to make up fake swimmlanes using the separator  --- teamA --

But my dependencies are mult-ikardinal, semi circular
Given I have Swimlanes for teams A and B,
Task B1 starts after A1.
But  A7 starts after B1

I would have to declare A1 before B1.

But B1 before A7

As they vertically pop up in the diagram in the order declared, I'm not able to group them correctly.

I wold need either something like the "participants" to declare them in advanced (without being rendered)  or to be able to add later declared tasks ta a previously defined block.
Am I missing something?

I have found nothing like the 'participants' in other diagramms to declare steps before use, so I'm forced to write the skript in the order the steps show up. But this clashes with using the seperator as 'Swimmlane'.

I cant later add to a previous block, nor can I use a reference to a step before I declared it.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Nov 5, 2020 by plantuml (295,000 points)

I wold need either something like the "participants" to declare them in advanced (without being rendered)  or to be able to add later declared tasks ta a previously defined block.
Am I missing something?

I think it's the same request as https://forum.plantuml.net/12077/gantt-diagram-possible-constraint-task-defined-source-file?show=12077#q12077

It's ugly, but you can "declare" tasks in advance using this : [Task 1] as [T1] lasts 1 day

We are really out of inspiration here. We are thinking about the possible syntax :

• Declare task [Task 1]
  • [Task 1]
  • Task [Task1]
Which one sounds better ?
Is this what you are looking for ?
commented Apr 13, 2022 by anonymous
I would vote for

[Task1]

and also support

[Task 1] as [t1]

I have a similar need to declare a number of tasks along with some fixed dependencies in an included file and then play with different scenairos and times assigned in separate files.

I find another hack that works-ish

[Task 1] as [t1] is colored in red

this declares the task and alias without needing more info.